To empower local members with sustainable beekeeping skills as a way to promote self-sustainability, environmental awareness, financial security and to combat systemic health insecurity by engaging low income and minority communities in order to increase diversity in bee culture.
Apiculture can be an effective way to tackle poverty at the grassroots level. Beekeeping has the potential to be a lucrative and manageable business for any aspiring entrepreneur. In addition, apiculture has a positive impact on surrounding vegetation which will benefit local farmers and lead to richer crops. ABC Mobile Education Center LLC in partnership with local community gardens is looking to establish 10 hives as a platform for the training and adoption of beekeeping practices in Phoenix Metro. This project is primarily concerned with empowering local communities with beekeeping skill sets and increasing diversity in bee culture by providing a safe learning environment and ongoing resources.
- Bolster local bee populations;
- Advance agricultural based educational programs in low income and minority communities
- Play a role in supporting local food initiatives and community gardens, particularly in areas lacking access to fresh local food
- Inspire communities of color to act as stewards for bees in a controlled and engaging environment
- Improve quality of life for people within these vulnerable communities
- To establish 10 hives and train at least 20 local community members in the practice of beekeeping as a means of providing personal income and reducing local poverty with a targeted 20% adoption rate in the first year
- To introduce a further 100 local community members to beekeeping through presentations and workshops
- To establish and maintain an evidence-based curriculum certification program that will incorporate hands-on group and individual learning experiences that will provide education on beekeeping, growing practices and nutrition
- To cultivate and provide the space and resources for hands on experience that is essential to become a sustainable beekeeper
- To spread awareness of environmental responsibility as it relates to bee survival and the important role bees play in our food production and everyday life by partnering with local mentorships, home school organizations and other community outreach programs
- To promote financial stability by giving 20 individuals the tools needed to start and maintain a beehive of their own
Want to donate by phone?
Not a problem. Call us now
Or email us :
Donate online safely
The payment is encrypted and transmitted securely with an SSL protocol.